Last Day of Escape To New York Cancelled

In light of heavy overnight and morning rainfall, impending inclement weather, safety concerns and potential damage to The Shinnecock Indian Nation’s Reservation, Escape to New York has cancelled Sunday, the last day of the festival.

We deeply regret any inconvenience this may have caused our festivalgoers. Out of respect for our gracious hosts, The Shinnecock Nation, we made this difficult but necessary decision per their request.

All festival patrons who have purchased Sunday tickets, including event, parking and/or brunch tickets and were unable to attend E2NY due to this cancellation, can contact their ticket vendor for their Sunday ticket refund. Further information regarding weekend pass holders will be available on the website.

With amazing reviews and a close to capacity crowd on Saturday, Escape to New York looks forward to returning next year.

For any guests who are still on site and Glamping, we will be hosting a gathering at the Elks Lodge site with The Jolly Boys performing.

OFFICAL SHINNECOCK INDIAN NATION STATEMENT

To the board of Escape to New York LLC

The Board of Trustees of the Shinnecock Nation is advising the organizers of the Escape to New York festival not to proceed with the festival today Sunday, August 7th 2011. This decision is based on flash flooding occurring last evening and power outages on the reservation this morning around 11 a.m. The current forecast is predicting a significant chance of precipitation which may create further damage. In addition there are safety concerns as a result of the rain and adverse condition that may affect general safety of both attendees and working personnel.

The conditions on site include power outages pooling of water and damage to the land.

Sincerely,

Frederick C. Bess, Trustee

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

Facebook comments:

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*