The wait is over and Canada’s most revered indie troop, STARS,return with their fifth full-length album, The Five Ghosts, available June 22. Five Ghosts marks the first release on the band’s new label imprint Soft Revolution Records licensed everywhere around the world except Canada through Vagrant Records.
‘We have never written an album with this much cohesion and unity’ says vocalist Amy Millan , ‘It is the first time we’ve had the luxury of being together in a huge room writing songs off the floor. The Five Ghosts is quintessential STARS.’ The Five Ghosts is the band’s follow-up to their 2007 release, In Our Bedroom After The War and also sees STARS returning to producer Tom McFall, who recorded their breakthrough, Set Yourself On Fire (2005). Recorded in Montreal, The Five Ghosts, in true STARS form, was written by all five members, Amy Millan, Evan Cranley, Torquil Campbell, Patty McGee and Chris Seligman. The album features a special guest appearance by Toronto singer-songwriter and Broken Social Scene member Andrew Whiteman.
The first single from Five Ghosts is the infectiously melodic pop tune “Fixed” featuring Millan on vocals and will be available on iTunes soon.
This summer, STARS will embark on a U.S. tour where they will play The Five Ghosts in it’s entirety, along with fan chosen selections from their catalogue “Take Me To The Riot”, “Ageless Beauty” and “Your Ex-Lover Is Dead” Details on dates and tickets will be announced through the band’s web site, www.youarestars.com.
Since 2009, Stars have been managed by Danny Goldberg and Gold Village Entertainment in partnership with Eoin O Leary
THE FIVE GHOSTS TRACKLISTING:
1) Dead Hearts
2) Wasted Daylight
3) I Died So I Could Haunt You
5) We Don’t Want Your Body
6) He Dreams He’s Awake
7) Never Been Good With Change
8. The Passenger
9) The Last Song Ever Written
10) How Much More
11) Winter Bones
STARS FAST FACTS:
- Stars Full-length Discography: Nightsongs (2001), Heart (2003), Set Yourself On Fire (2005), In Our Bedroom After The War (2007).
- Amy and Evan have all spent time as performing & touring members of Toronto indie super-group, Broken Social Scene.
- Amy Millan has released two, full length solo discs: Honey From The Tombs (2006), Masters Of The Burial (2009).
- Torquil Campbell’s solo project is called Dead Child Star and he also performs in the band Memphis, with friend Chris Dumont. Full length Memphis releases: I Dreamed We Fell Apart (2004) – A Little Place In The Wilderness (2006).
For the latest Stars info, check out www.youarestars.com.