The lineup for night two of KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas 2010 has been announced. For the first time in several years, we think that the second day trumps the first day. This year’s second day lineup features: Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Brandon Flowers, The Black Keys, The Temper Trap, Neon Trees, Florence & the Machine, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, and Broken Bells. Tickets for night two can be purchased during the Exclusive KROQ Street Team Friday 11/19 at noon via Ticketmaster.com here. The rest of the ticket info is the same as the info for the first day of the Almost Acoustic Xmas. You can check it out below too:
You must be a KROQ Street Team member to get the Ticketmaster password. Sign up for your free membership here.
* Tickets are available online only via Ticketmaster.com.
* Tickets are $75 each plus Ticketmaster/venue service charges.
* Limit 2 tickets per person per show.
* Tickets must be purchased via credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
* Tickets are available for purchase by California residents only. This is determined by your credit card’s billing zip code.
* Night 1 of the 21st Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas benefits Para Los Niños, a non-profit family service agency designed to raise at-risk children out of poverty and into brighter futures through positive educational opportunities and support.
* Accessible ADA seating tickets go on sale @ the same time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
* Can I buy tickets if I live outside of California? No.
* How many tickets can I buy? 2 tickets per show.
* Can I pick where my seats are located? No. The Ticketmaster system gives you the best available seats at your moment of purchase.
* Are there different prices for different seats? No.
* Can I wear an Ed Hardy shirt to the concert? No.
MISC AND SOMEWHAT BORING DETAILS
* Ticketmaster will hold the print at-home tickets for 48 hours. This allows the Ticketmaster system to double-check your credit card’s billing zip code.
* Out-of-state purchases and all sales over the 2 ticket limit will be cancelled.
* Tickets are $75.00 plus $4.75 facility fee.
* Ticketmaster service charge, processing fee and print-at-home service charge is $16.55 per ticket.
* Grand total of one ticket with all service charges: $96.30. A pair of tickets is $192.60
* Ticket buyers can select the following (for an additional fee):
o In store pick up: $3.00
o UPS delivery: $14.50-$25.00
Last night, Phoenix made what is presumably their last trip to NYC in support of their album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. Having gone from playing middle sized clubs to the “world’s most famous arena”, Phoenix has been on tour now for a while and will be heading into the studio to record a new album after these shows are finished. Luckily for us, our photographer Sam Teich was at last night’s show and got some great shots of Phoenix and Daft Punk. Check out the photos below the setlist and see more of Sam’s work at www.pbase.com/samlyn90.
Long Distance Call
Love Like a Sunset
Run Run Run
Unknown french cover song
If I Ever Feel Better
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (with Daft Punk)
Around the World (with Daft Punk)
1901 (with Daft Punk)
Phoenix credits their success to the internet giving them direct access to fans. In episode 4 of Inside Track they talk about blogging daily and giving away free music via their website.
On each episode of Inside Track, the world’s biggest recording artists reveal how they’re using the latest, innovative technologies to create their music and connect with fans. And they give their take on how this tech enhances your life. Check back every other week for a new episode.
About Inside Track:
Inside Track, the ultimate show for the tech savvy music fan, is launching Wednesday August 18th. Inside Track will be a one of a kind experience that brings fans up close and personal with their favorite recording artists while showing them how technology is changing the way the music industry records, tours and promotes music. Inside Track will also show fans how to take advantage of the latest and most innovative new technologies to enhance their own lifestyle beyond the world of music.
Inside Track viewers will gain insight into how popular artists use technology during the creative process and are given exclusive never before seen content in each original episode. The show features recording artist interviews, applications or games available on mobile phones, and news segments featuring stories from the music world. Emerging music technology companies may also be featured. During the first episode, Usher discusses how he uses social media as a way to connect with fans. The episode also features the TuneWiki mobile application, the latest album from Sting, and a news story about Twitter feeds being housed in the Library of Congress.
Each episode will be available on a variety of music and tech websites, but can always be found on the Inside Track Facebook page.
Connect with Inside Track
Inside Track Facebook Page
Inside Track YouTube Channel
French indie rockers Phoenix are slowly releasing dates for their upcoming fall tour. A headlining show at the world famous Madison Square Garden has been announced for October 20th. Dirty Projectorsare set to support. The pre-sale for the show begins July 12th through AMEX. Check out all announced dates below.
July 15: Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland
July 16: Les Francofolies, La Rochelle, France
July 17: Les Vieilles Charrues, Carhaix, France
July 18: Musilac, Aix-les-Bains, France
July 28: Les Voix du Gaou, Six-Fours, France
July 29: Festival de Carcassonne, Carcassonne, France
July 30: iTunes Festival, London, UK
July 31: Field Day Festival, London, UK
August 7: Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago, IL, USA
August 8: Lollapalooza After Show at House of Blues, Chicago, IL, USA
August 9: The Pageant, St. Louis, MO, USA
August 10: 7 Flags Event Center, Des Moines, IA, USA
August 12: State Theater, Minneapolis, MN, USA
August 13: Harrah’s, Council Bluffs, IA, USA
August 14: Mile High Music Festival, Denver, CO, USA
August 27: Reading Festival, Reading, Berkshire, UK
August 28: The Edge Festival, HMV Picture House, Edinburgh
August 29: Leeds Festival, Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
September 18: Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA, USA
September 19: Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
September 21: Open Air Theatre, San Diego, CA, USA
September 22: The Pearl, Las Vegas, NV, USA
September 23: The Rail, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
September 26: PNE Forum, Vancouver, BC, CAN
September 28: Sports Palace, Mexico City, DF, MEX
October 20: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA